After being away from blogosphere for about 6 months, I have many topics that I wanted to talk (write) about. I don’t prefer to dump everything into a single post, and for this reason I will have them posted in separate entries. In this particular post, I just wanted to share a quick glance of what had happened in the past months (April to mid Sept) while I’m away.
- My health hasn’t been that great, but it wasn’t the worst. I’ve had illness that associates with the hormonal imbalance (I guess this will prolong for quite some time), and a major back pain but later recovered. Also had sleep deprived, and mentally, it’s been on and off too.
- Less productivity in terms of writing and reading. Mostly due to some events, other non-creative workloads, and lack of energy and motivation.
- Had a huge fight with my partner, but it got settled.
- Some of my personal accounts got hacked. Also, everything got settled.
- Earthquake in Lombok Indonesia, so our Bali trip was cancelled.
- Lost my old car to a fire (short circuit) incident.
- Overspent on unnecessary items.
Okay, The Good
- I really love the fasting month of Ramadan. I woke up super early in that month, did lots of self-reflection and productive stuff.
- Setup a new workstation at my parents’ place considering I spent most of my time there.
- Went for a checkup at the hospital. Good thing is, no critical sign.
- Separated my Instagram accounts for work and personal.
- Bought couple of new books. Then, back into Book-Buying Ban from July till September.
- Bought some artsy stuff, which I love. Also pre-ordered the new 2019 Passion Planner (can’t wait for it to arrive).
- Bought new phone. Old phone is literally dead.
- Finally met some of my gaming buddies (in person, not virtually).
- New hobby on greenery stuff (planting new baby plants, studying indoor plants etc).
- Signed up to Margaret Atwood’s class and a few more creative live courses.
- Spent tons of time and energy working on something that brought a little more income. Still unsure if this would be temporary or if it can sustain in longer period.
- Somewhere in May-June, I put a lot of work into manuscript writing and able to gather some info on characterization. The work is now back into brainstorming phase (will talk more about it in a separate post).
- Watched the anime ‘Kimi No Nawa (Your Name)’ in repeat because it’s just too good. Also, watched Star Wars: Solo Movie. And binged on few other movies/series.
- Distanced myself from a toxic/drama group. Best decision I’ve ever made.
- Joined a bunch of Live Sprints organized by Instagram Writing Community.
- Went for second staycation this year.
All in all, the above pretty much sums up my past months. I’ll be writing another post about life as a creative person, and what I’ve been dealing with after quitting my permanent job. It will be lengthy, so stay tune!