This year, I started to use a Planner. For me, the good thing about it is that I tracked things that happened almost everyday, also did a weekly and monthly review. I set time to write, log, and reflect. The planning part, I did it weekly, but it doesn’t work for me as much – most of the time, things changed. The journaling part, works wonderfully.
To keep this post simpler and shorter, I’m making it as a list for the past 3 months review (January – March 2018), both good and bad.
- Health-wise is still a major issue, both physically and mentally. The hormonal imbalance leads to a lot of other things and still unresolved. I get quite frequent migraines and drowsiness, along with weight gain. I had depression and major insomnia too, but it gets better now. Other than that, there’s this hand injury that limits a lot of my activities. For most part, everything is still recovering.
- Over-spending. It happened when I was having a breakdown, but somehow I quickly manage to control it after that. I keep track of my monthly spending in my Planner, so that helps.
- Too much time wasted on phone, internet and social media. Luckily I realized it sooner, and started to monitor the usage weekly. This is still work in progress, I’d say.
- Self-persistent is not happening – this is really challenging. WIP.
- Hail storm happened on 6th March – which ironically happens on the same date as another past moment that I’m trying to forget.
- Applied some jobs, and submitted some work, but no feedback.
Okay, The Good! :
- A lot of happy parcels (that came from the overspending part, somehow makes me happy).
- Joined a lot of Instagram community stuff and met so many friends from all over the world.
- Planning, crafting, drawing and writing helps to avoid laziness, depression, etc. I also discovered that my bad mood turns around quickly and I didn’t drag it for too long. Most of the time, I kept myself busy when I’m not sick, I started to learn to ignore petty things, and I did not let negativity clouded me.
- Reading at least 1 book/month – that is still intact.
- 3 months of book-buying ban – I achieved it.
- Staycation for 6 years Anniversary – a simple, yet rewarding celebration.
- Gaming: Black Desert Online and Ni No Kuni 2 (yes, I put game time under good stuff, because why not?)
- Watched: The End of The F*ing World, Blue Jay, Good Will Hunting, 5cm/sec anime, and more.
- On Writing: Partially doing notes compilation, rewrite prologue and 2 chapters, re-outline summary and Part 1. My parents are now aware that I’m working on a manuscript, and they seems okay with it.
- Did some charity, and somehow unexpectedly, I get something in return without me hoping for anything.
Next Quarter Goals:
Next quarter goals will be nothing major. I wanted to avoid over-planning and with fasting month and Hari Raya coming soon, I’ll probably be less productive. Smaller goals would be:
- Proper timing to sleep and wake up – this is really hard for me but I’m trying to fix it and make it a standard timing everyday.
- A nightowl in me trying to do more work during the day.
- Control social media/phone/internet usage. On-going thing.
- Do more reading, prayers, self-reflection, etc.
- Control spending based on the monthly limit.
- Do my own thing – to avoid getting hurt which mostly caused by external factors.
- On Writing: Pacemaker, continue compile notes, edit earlier chapters, and write Part 1. In between, apply for jobs and update this blog.
- Another round of book-buying ban until year end (except for research books). This is to clear some of my TBR.
Guess that’s all for my list. Do you do monthly/weekly reflection and goal-setting? Share yours and let’s support each other 😀